We seek to be the Third Sector led Consortium for Sandwell.
Sandwell Consortium is company limited by guarantee and Community Interest Company that will carry out activities that benefit the people of Sandwell and its environs.
Our aim is to deliver quality services and to reinvest our financial surpluses for community benefit and particularly aim to address unmet need, tackle disadvantage, advance equity and social inclusion.
- Act as a link and point of coordination between public sector funders and commissioners of services, particularly the local authority, health service and new sub regional and regional commissioners of public services across all areas and themes and Third Sector Member Organisations in Sandwell.
- We will bid for support and enable Third Sector organisations to access both competitive and grant aid funding from within Sandwell, the Black Country sub region, the wider West Midlands region, nationally and through European funding that would not otherwise be available to them individually.
- We will act as a ‘bidding’ consortia, research opportunities and submitting bids and applications for local, sub regional and regional public sector, governmental and other service contracts.
- We are a membership based Consortia owned and controlled by its member organisations. Part of our role will be to facilitate the development and build the capacity of third sector organisations within Sandwell and provide them with support, information and services to enable them to pursue or contribute to meting the objects of the company.
- We will also ensure there is consistent achievement of high standards of quality and performance of our services across members and for all those who receive them. We will do this by promoting, sharing and monitoring best practice, bench marking, and the establishment of baselines and through the implementation of recognised quality marks.
Although we are set up to support Third sector organisations in Sandwell we recognise that some services are best provided by partnerships and organisational alliances that cross sectors and sometimes with Third sector organisations that work wider than the Sandwell area.
Affiliate membership will be open to all organisations that share our objectives. We will promote, and facilitate co-operation and partnership working including service contract bids and applications between the Consortium and statutory organisations, other relevant bodies and private sector companies to achieve our wider objective of best meeting the needs of the people of Sandwell.