Governance and History
Working primarily in the fields of employability, skills for life, and health and wellbeing, Sandwell Consortium and its member organisations have an excellent reputation and track record in delivery, across an array of public sector funding, including from local, regional and national government, as well as European funding and third sector grants.
Just a few examples include:
- Over the last three years, through our member organisations and delivery partners, we delivered over £5m of public sector funding contracts
- We worked with over 10,000 people in disadvantaged communities
- Worked with over 5,000 learners
- Helping over 3,000 people into employment
- Over 1000 people achieving Skills for Life qualifications in ESOL, Literacy and Numeracy.
Many of our member organisations have achieved quality marks, including Investors In People, PQASSO, Matrix accreditation for Information Advice and Guidance, Two Ticks Disability Symbol, ISO 9001; and some are now approved providers for range of awarding bodies.
The Consortium board members are:
- Bangladeshi Islamic Centre
- Bangladeshi Women’s Association
- Community Connect Foundation
- Confederation of Bangladeshi Organisations
- Ideal for All
- Ileys Community Association
- Smethwick Youth & Community Centre
- Yemeni Community Association.