Governance & History
Sandwell Consortium is a company limited by guarantee and Community Interest Company that will carry out activities that benefit the people of Sandwell and its environs. Our aim is to deliver quality services and to reinvest our financial surpluses for community benefit and particularly aim to address unmet need, tackle disadvantage, advance equity and social inclusion.
Working primarily in the field of employability, skills for life and wider learning & skills The Reach & Discover Partnership and it member organisations has an excellent local reputation and a track record in delivery, across an array of external public sector funding particularly through the government Working Neighbourhood Fund programme, but also delivering contracts through other funding stream including NLDC, A4E contracts, Future Jobs Fund, Neighbourhood renewal, New Deal for Communities across a wide area of services and fields.
Just a few examples include:
- Over the last three years With Member organisations delivering over £5m of public sector funding contracts
- Working with over 10,000 people predominantly in disadvantaged communities
- Working with over 5,000 learners
- Helping over 3,000 people into employment
- Over 800 people achieving Skills for Life qualifications in ESOL Literacy and Numeracy
Many member organisations achieving quality marks in Investor In people, PQASSO, Matrix Two Ticks Disability Symbol, ISO 9001. Approved delivers for range of qualification awarding bodies.
The Consortium board Members are:
- Bangladeshi Islamic Centre
- Bangladeshi Women’s Association
- Community Connect Foundation
- Confederation of Bangladeshi Organisations
- Ideal for All
- Ileys Community Association
- Smethwick Youth & Community Centre
- Yemeni Community Association