Building Better Opportunities – BRIDGES
Sandwell Consortium are one of 29 organisations in partnership with Steps to Work (STW) who are the lead organisation for a new and exciting Black Country-wide Building Better Opportunities (BBO) project funded jointly by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Big Lottery Fund (BLF).
As a partner, we are responsible for the provision of employment support across the Black Country through the BRIDGES project. The aim is to support the most disadvantaged and economically inactive residents in a range of community and outreach settings across Sandwell, and services are provided primarily through Consortium members.
Through BRIDGES, we offer intensive support and tailored interventions to anyone who is:
- 25 years and over
- Unemployed (cannot be in part time work or on 0 hours contract)
- Economically Inactive (including those not working who are claiming benefits)
- Has complex needs/multiple barriers which are impacting on being able to enter paid employment
- Requires support to fully and independently engage in existing services
We provide FREE support to individuals through:
- One-to-One Mentoring
- Confidence & Motivation
- Job Search Support
- Assistance with CV’s and Application Forms
- Interview Preparation
- Support to Access Courses
- Volunteer Opportunities
Through these services individuals will feel more socially included, confident, financially aware and will have established goals and aspirations. We will help them to feel motivated to achieve their aspirations and provide them with the skills and knowledge they need to accomplish them – making obvious progress towards employment.
If you are looking to increase your employability skills and secure employment or if you would like to know more about the BRIDGES project, please give us a call on 0121 533 2668 or visit Step to Work website: