Sandwell Health Inequalities Programme – SHIP
The SHIP programme aims to address the health inequalities affecting residents of Sandwell. The programme is funded by a grant from Sandwell Council Public Health and has eleven delivery partners, who are providing activities and interventions with residents across the diverse communities of Sandwell. The SHIP programme has two work streams:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Preventing and managing long-term physical health conditions.
SHIP partners are:
- Bangladeshi Islamic Centre
- Bangladeshi Women’s Association
- Confederation of Bangladeshi Organisations, Greets Green Resource Centre
- Community Connect Foundation, North Smethwick Resource Centre
- ILEYs Community Association
- Sandwell Irish Society
- Smethwick Pakistani Muslim Association
- Smethwick Youth & Community Centre.
- West Bromwich African Caribbean Resource Centre
- Yemeni Community Association